Five Reasons You Should Travel More
Obviously we love to travel. And we like to encourage people to travel. And studies have shown that travel is good for your mental health. So here are five reasons you should travel more.
Five Reasons You Should Travel
- New Experiences: Travel is a great way to experience new things. That's one of the reasons we travel. We will always remember watching the fireworks on New Year's Eve in Sydney. So get out there, experience the world and make memories along the way.
- More Vitamin D: Vitamin D is good for your health. A beach vacation is a great way to relax and enjoy the health benefits of a warm climate. Soak up the sun and the Vitamin D but remember that to much exposure to sunlight can be detrimental to your health. So yes, relaxing on a beach is good for your health.
- Education: Traveling is great for the mind. Whether it's learning about a new culture, tasting new food or understanding a new language, traveling makes our brain more active which psychologists have found increases our level of happiness.
- Detox From Technology & Social Media: We try hard to limit how much time we spend on our phones and social media when we travel. In fact when we spent two weeks in Australia, we didn't even connect our phones to international plans. It's almost become necessary to take breaks from the internet and social media. And taking a vacation is a perfect chance to turn off your Facebook feed, stop checking emails and just disconnect.
- Being Away Makes You Appreciate Home: We aren't saying you shouldn't love traveling, but it's true that being away from home makes you appreciate your home. You'll find that taking a break from your daily routine including your family and friends will help you appreciate them even more. So when your in a slump, it's probably time to plan a trip.
So what are you waiting for? Where will your 2018 travel take you.